Team Liquid, a high-growth entrepreneurial organization, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to be based remotely, or at one of our state-of-the-art Alienware Training Facilities located in Utrecht, Netherlands and Santa Monica, California. The DevOps Engineer role will assist the DevOps setup within the Technology department. They will also manage and maintain DevOps / Deployment processes on Liquid+, and our modern community technology projects.
Our Alienware Training Facilities includes several amenities for our staff, including a dining room and kitchen, where our chef will serve two divine meals a day at no cost to you. For more information, please check out our virtual exclusive tour.
- Deploy services to production and ensure performance/stability.
- Configure Nginx, provision SSL certs, frontend proxies, caching, etc.
- Set up development environments for developers.
- Work on CI / CD integrations to reduce manual work needed for deploys.
- Monitor services for security/performance, identify bottlenecks, provide useful metrics to developers.
- Work with developers to improve security/performance of services as needed.
- Migrate legacy websites/applications to containers.
- Ensure all data is backed up and secure.
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Extensive experience with Docker
- Extensive experience with git / GitLab, registries, etc.
- Extensive experience with CI / CD and other automation
- Extensive knowledge of service/container security (dependencies, exposed ports, firewalls, etc.)
- Strong general troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis
- Strong experience with Nginx and general frontend proxy techniques / caching / etc.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of standard networking concepts, such as TCP/IP, DNS, Iptables/nftables, etc.
- Experience with monitoring/resource graphing, capacity planning, etc.
- Experience with Linux Containers (LXC)
- Experience with ZFS (esp. snapshots and incremental sends for backups)
- Extensive knowledge of rootless containers, cgroups, etc.
- Extensive experience with Debian Linux