Do you have a passion for esports and design? Would you enjoy conceptualizing and creating visually engaging thumbnails? Are you an individual who enjoys training teammates on how to create thumbnails of high-quality? You’re the type of candidate that would be perfect for the Graphic Designer (Thumbnail Specialist) role at Team Liquid.
In this role, you will conceptualize and create visually engaging thumbnails and graphics across all of Team Liquid's social channels. You will also have varying levels of creative freedom, from uninhibited expression to strict sets of rules and guidelines, and opportunities to take on additional responsibilities.
- Watch all Team Liquid video content in order to conceptualize and create thumbnails.
- Partner with content teams to plan any assets needed for thumbnail creation and digital media graphics.
- Work closely with publishing to ensure quality/effectiveness when meeting deadlines for content launches.
- Develop and maintain consistent themes for serialized video content.
- Work closely with partners on thumbnails for sponsored content.
- Implement solutions when providing feedback and recommendations on ways to improve the quality of thumbnails.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or other applicable area of study and/or related work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and illustrator.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of design principles, typography, and readability.
- Extensive experience retouching photos.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in design sites and blogs, esports, and the entertainment industry.
- Thumbnail design experience, ideally at a large network, media company, or agency.
- Passion for esports and gaming.