Do you have a passion for esports and fashion? Would you love to collaborate with different teams, multitasking in a fast-paced environment? Are you a detail-oriented individual who focuses on quality and organization? You’re the type of candidate that would be perfect for the Technical Product Developer, Apparel role at Team Liquid.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Apparel Development to manage the apparel product development process. You will also be responsible for providing effective transition of design from the prototyping stage through development and into production, including fitting and measurement specifications.
Location: Santa Monica, California or Utrecht, Netherlands
- Partner with design when completing design intent/briefs, interpreting and translating design comments into comprehensive technical CAD’s and Tech Packs.
- Create CAD’s from reference garments, photos, or sketches.
- Create and revise Tech Packs for assigned styles, continuously ensuring organization of all development files, including fabrics, lab dips, print strike offs, product specs, prototype notes, and samples.
- Proactively ensure Tech Packs are complete and free from errors.
- Meet deadlines when delivering Tech Packs to vendors precisely within the required time frame.
- Create and maintain development guidelines of the Work In Progress (WIP) tracker.
- Manage tracking, comments, and calendar-related to all product phases, Protos, SMS, PPS.
- Establish strong cross-functional working relationships to manage designated projects to ensure on-time performance.
- Act as a liaison when working with suppliers and vendors to check on prototype, sampling, and production.
- Thoroughly review and measure Pre-Production Samples, T.O.P Samples, and Shipping/Bulk Samples, providing comments to vendors as necessary.
- Assist in organizing product and communication initiatives for various design and sales meetings.
- Assist in shipping and tracking when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Apparel textiles, or other applicable areas of study or related work experience in the apparel industry.
- 3-4 years of product development experience in apparel graphic knits and wovens.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs.
- The ability to quickly learn and use internal systems and software.
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction and a basic understanding of textiles and garment trims and accessories.
- Extensive knowledge of garment measuring and grading for size specifications.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English.
- Previous experience at a streetwear related apparel company.