Do you have a background in technology and design? Would you love to conceptualize and develop new website features? Are you able to work independently as well as with a team? You’re the type of candidate that would be perfect for the remote Back End Developer role at Team Liquid. In this role, you will maintain back end usability and functionality while also contributing to the development of our website initiatives.
- Develop and maintain features for a forthcoming Team Liquid website/application
- Support the back end development of our website initiatives
- Suggest improvements to the website’s user experience by implementing user interface changes and collaborating with all Technology teams to conceptualize and develop new features
- Participate in code review, regular planning meetings, and retrospectives
- Coordinate with front end developers to ensure compatibility and usability
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- 1+ year of MongoDB or MySQL experience
- Excellent understanding of best practices, especially in the areas of maintainability, performance, security for each coding language
- Experience building a new system from scratch
- Git experience
- 2+ developing RESTful API experience and microservices
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of secure coding practices and web security, including SQL, Code Injection, XSS, CSRF, serialization attacks, and others
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of web performance and the use of correct database indices, caching layers, and other way to ensure high performance.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with TypeScript and related build systems
- Some knowledge of MediaWiki
- Some knowledge of Lua
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related fields.
- Experience in code review