The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 20 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to help shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Do you have extensive knowledge and a strong interest in cryptocurrency? Would you love to collaborate with others? Are you passionate about gaming and esports? Our Partnerships Team is looking for a Partnerships Manager to lead, develop, and execute strategies to retain and grow large-scale Partnership Accounts. Your expertise, ideas, and recommendations will be instrumental when approaching internal and external communications and special projects.
Location: Remote or Onsite
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Oversee the ongoing management and execution of all projects and deliverables associated with Team Liquid’s Partners, including but not limited to new brand development, internal and external communication, and recommendations for enhancements that automate processes or generate additional revenue.
- Maintain high satisfaction with partners, agencies, vendors, influencers, and organizations, seeking to increase and maximize revenue with existing Partners by providing top-of-the-line service to Team Liquid clients through a solutions-driven approach and executing consistent follow-up.
- Manage and maintain a strong network of partners, clients, agencies, brands, influencers, banks, third-party vendors, and organizations, building deep-level relationships, continuously attending events, presentations and traveling to locations where our partners have offices.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, third-party vendors, agencies, and organizations.
- Manage all incoming client requests and ongoing meetings, acting as the central point of contact, providing regular status reports and disseminating information to key stakeholders, seeking solutions, and ensuring client expectations are always met.
- Create, present, and provide briefs to internal stakeholders on initiatives and progress to ensure the completion of cross-functional tasks when taking ownership of deliverables.
- Present/communicate progress and outcome of projects to clients and determine best next steps.
- Maintain and update a status document with requested, pending, and completed deliverables.
- Assist the department head on all tasks regardless of focus or specialization.
Ideally, you have:
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- 3+ years of account management experience, successfully launching and growing new businesses in payments, FinTech, crypto, or similar financial services
- 1+ years of experience building relationships with influencers, agencies, and vendors to execute deliverables across various channels
- Previous experience developing strategy when running campaigns, planning and managing new client activations, navigating multiple schedules, and business deliverable deadlines to meet clients' needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
You earn bonus points if you:
- Have a proven track record of successfully developing and executing consumer acquisition strategies that drive consumer engagement, retention, and loyalty.
- Have an extensive understanding and interest in cryptocurrency and the Esports industry.
- Experience and extensive understanding of crypto, and FX markets, digital assets, banking, treasury services, and international payments.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Communications, or relevant fields.
- Are very familiar with marketing terminologies and continuously use marketing analytics to help define strategy.