The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021, a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 20 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you passionate about gaming and esports? Do you love to organize and execute meaningful parties and events? When planning events, would your colleagues and friends describe you as someone who is very innovative, well-connected, and fully committed to creating an out-of-the-box immersive experience? Have you trained yourself to expect the unexpected, and are you committed to learning how to mitigate and resolve obstacles productively? Do you get excited at the endless possibilities and ways we could spread awareness to what matters most to us right now, right here? If so, you’d be a perfect fit for the Events Lead position currently available at Team Liquid.
In the Events Lead role, you will utilize your innovative ideas when leading a team of talented professionals to develop cutting edge ways to create awareness around esports and build stronger relationships with Team Liquid fans. You will also fulfill strategic objectives when designing and implementing event marketing plans to execute immersive live and digital events successfully. Additionally, when running day-to-day operations, you will define and oversee the Event team's vision, the short- and long-term goals, strategies, and empower team members when communicating objectives to ensure they have the resources needed to meet or exceed expectations.
What you will be doing:
Defining, Visualizing, and Achieving Excellence
- Build, manage, and maintain commercial strategies and objectives for the Global Events team
- Actively network and prospect new business opportunities to increase fan engagement.
- Research and source new methods of revenue generation
- Report the performance of events to management by continuously monitoring, tracking, and analyzing appropriate key performance indicators.
- Identify and address gaps, risks, and bottlenecks existing within current and future events, strategies, and processes.
- Establish best practices, defined processes, and consistent workflows for the execution of events & tournaments
- Creating a Collaborative and Cohesive Team
- Supervise internal team members to develop behaviors, skills, and knowledge needed to promote high performance while ensuring they have the resources necessary to provide top-of-the-line service to our volunteers, sponsors, and vendors
- Maintain and ensure high satisfaction with volunteers, sponsors, and vendors by providing top-of-the-line service and building deep-level relationships when executing events
Orchestrating Immersive Event Experiences
- Oversee operational planning and execution of all Team Liquid events & tournaments, including budgets, workflows, processes, and reporting analytics of third parties.
- Partner with internal and external partners when executing RFPs to:
- Define event scope and requirements to implement commercial objectives and strategies successfully.
- Cultivate creative collaboration sessions to maximize and meet events objectives, initiatives, and goals
- Ensure events generate revenue or do not exceed the allocated budget
- Build, develop and execute integrated event marketing campaigns and differentiated go-to-market strategies for all audiences.
- Execute priorities and launch events that go above and beyond the expectations of our global fans: offer something for everyone over time.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing events or tournaments in the gaming, media, or technology industries.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of gaming and esports, including streaming, social media, influencer marketing, and event management.
- Proficient in creating reports and presentations for executive, staff, and public audiences.
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.