The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021, a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 20 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you passionate about esports and FPS titles such as VALORANT? Do you have a deep understanding of in-person production (lights, camera, action)? Would you say you’re familiar with the type of content 1UP Studios and Team Liquid produces and keep up to date with current trends, topics, or events? Do you love working independently and with a team in a professional, fast-paced studio environment? Are you innovative and versatile when conceptualizing, creating, and executing content? If so, you’d be a perfect fit for the Producer, EU role we currently have available at Team Liquid.
In this role, the projects you’ll manage are focused on esports and gaming content, and you will meet deadlines that vary in size, type, complexity through the production and post-production workflows. In addition, you will continuously think of new ways to improve, evolve, set trends, and push the barriers of the content produced by 1UP Studios.
This role is available at our newly designed, state-of-the-art Alienware Training Facility located in Utrecht, Netherlands. It includes several amenities for our staff, including a dining room and kitchen, where our chef will serve two divine meals a day at no cost to you. For more information, please check out our exclusive virtual tour.
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the brainstorming process of generating ideas of marketable content.
- Conceptualize, produce and execute creative briefs.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines that vary in size, type, complexity through the production and post-production workflows.
- Leading and directing teams, arranging time slots with talent, and proactively fulfill project deliverables.
- Working closely with Post when delegating and assigning editors to manage projects and deadlines.
- Partnering with the Social and Publishing team when:
- Coordinating the publishing schedule
- Developing content for social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube.
- Building up extensive knowledge on how to properly curate videos and create thumbnails
- Developing a deep understanding of marketable content, retention strategies within the content, and YouTube optimization
- Monitoring in-house equipment inventory, allocating and sourcing additional props, sets, locations, and other logistics of media shoots as needed.
- Promoting a positive, collaborative, stimulating learning environment amongst the creative teams.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of content production experience in the film and entertainment industry.
- Experience interfacing with and directing talent.
- Experience in the digital space with influencers, creators, athletes, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the overall production process, from outline to filming, editing, and delivery.
- Experience with cameras, lenses, lighting, from iPhone to Ari.
- Agile in your ability to produce multiple projects during any given week and jump from project to project as needed.
- Passionate about esports, gaming, and its rich history.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships when working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and time management, working within tight deadlines, and keeping projects on track.
- Proficient in Project management tools, such as ClickUp, Slack, Asana, Frame.io, Trello
- Well-versed in different filming styles, including documentary, commercial, music video, informational/ educational, social/ vlog.
- Adaptable when working a flexible work schedule in various settings, including in the office, on a set.
- Fluent in English.