The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021, a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 20 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you passionate about photography, imagery, storytelling, gaming, and esports? Do you have a burning passion for conceiving and visualizing versatile, forward-thinking ideas? Would you consider yourself an expert at staying on-brand when executing your creative ideas? If so, you’re a perfect fit for the Art Director position currently available at Team Liquid.
In the Art Director role, you will be responsible for upholding and protecting the integrity of the Team Liquid brand by leading, approving, and providing art direction on small-and large-scale projects when working with internal and external stakeholders, from creative conception to completion. Furthermore, recommending concepts, you’ll research, develop imagery such as illustrations and photographs, and convert rough ideas into visual sketches, compositions for creative reviews and ensure the brand's design alignment across digital platforms.
Location: Flexible - Remote, NL, or US based
What You'll Be Doing:
- Produce creative assets, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail to meet or exceed overall design objectives.
- Lead the final development and production of creative assets and ensure accuracy, attention to details, and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
- Maintain brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
- Actively participates in concept & design brainstorms and project ideation.
- Translate high-level concepts into brand-appropriate design directions
- Implement and translate photography, imagery, infographics, text, and multimedia elements when developing high-impact proposals and presentations
- Work closely with the Branding Counsel when implementing and translating brand guidelines to Art Direction for shoots (story, styling, casting, location, and photo finishes.)
- Produce various content types, collaborating on go-to-market content standards that align with brand values and needs while also considering best practices on digital platforms.
- Manage the production workflow, including but not limited to: storyboarding, planning for shoots, managing shoots on set, including on-set art direction and styling, collaborating with creative and logistical stakeholders, including photographers, videographers, stylists, locations scouts.
- Manage and direct photo producers and photoshoots to ensure the departments obtain the necessary images to execute the desired creative campaign.
- Develop a deep understanding of new digital visual trends, competitive landscapes, digital and social trends, and sentiments to inform future content creation and promotion to ensure successful execution of visual ideas and solutions
- Generate, articulate and execute ideas across various platforms and mediums across a broad range of creative initiatives and channels, including but not limited to integrated marketing campaigns, packaging, events, site design, and social media within required deadlines.
- Manage and mentor designers to create effective and well branded, cross-channel digital creative assets
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to conceptualize, develop, and execute campaigns and launches.
- Act as a lead when working closely with external vendors, clearly articulating project needs, including but not limited to production artists, illustrators, stylists, photographers, videographers, sound engineers, gaffers, and print vendors.
What You'll Need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate the overall vision and creative decisions when managing multiple projects.
- Proven track record of successfully executing photoshoots (producing/casting/shooting/editing)
- Versatility and adaptability when managing multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 8+ years as a professional graphic designer
- 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Prior experience as an Art Director
- Have a solid knowledge of photography and video production
- Passion for gaming and esports