Liquid Media is a 360 full-service agency offering businesses access to Team Liquid’s experience, expertise, and knowledge of reaching, engaging, and selling to a global gaming and esports audience. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an entrepreneur with marketing, sales, and likely agency experience, to grow this boutique business into an agency of record in the gaming and esports space.
Liquid Media Provides:
- Influencer marketing services to companies who need the expertise of someone with their finger on the pulse of gaming and esports; we source the perfect influencers for a particular campaign and work with them throughout execution to guarantee results.
- White-label content production via our content production studio 1UP; we work for brands and games publishers to provide content that resonates with a gaming audience and speaks with a voice they understand and respond to.
- Social media programming, publishing and production services to brands who want to replicate the engagement and reach of our own channels; again tapping into that highly engaged gaming audience and community who want to be part of a bigger conversation.
- Consultancy services across the whole range of marketing services to brands and companies who want to engage with a Gen Z audience.
As part of Team Liquid, the internationally recognized esports organization with huge social reach and marketing power, we have a brand resonance that opens doors within businesses enabling us to offer our range of services direct to client as well as through media agencies.
We can also provide a range of business intelligence analysis services to our clients, either pre, post, or during contract, and work on long-term retainers with clients as well as on campaigns.
We now wish to supercharge the growth and development of Liquid Media by bringing on board a leader who will be responsible for overseeing the Liquid Media business; the revenue growth, the overall P&L, managing and growing the team, business development pipeline, and taking overall responsibility for winning and delivering on new business. The incumbent will receive the support of the organization; currently, much of the Liquid Media pipeline is driven from within the Team Liquid business (by upselling to sales clients or winning work from our network) and passed to Liquid Media for execution, but we would expect, over time, that Liquid Media wins its own clients and business.
Reports to: President & COO
Location: Los Angeles, CA, Utrecht, NL, or Remote
- In conjunction with the President & COO, develop a strategic business plan for the growth of Liquid Media.
- Develop a business pipeline and outreach plan for new clients.
- Develop a marketing strategy for awareness and outreach to new clients.
- Make decisions on staffing of the business and manage, motivate, appraise and inspire existing and new staff.
- Win new clients and business.
- Work with the team to ensure the current pipeline of work is being executed on at the highest level.
- Work with the finance team to develop an effective P&L, cost management, and financial analysis reports to allow you to manage the business effectively.
- Oversee negotiations with new and existing clients.
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- Create and manage relationships across a wide network of esports athletes, influencers, partners, agencies, and potential clients.
- Partner with cross-departmental teams such as Social Media, 1UP Studios, and Business Intelligence to ensure on-time execution of campaign deliverables; develop processes on communication and operations to ensure smooth discussion and performance.
- Explore potential partnerships with other agencies and businesses where it makes sense to do so.
- 10+ years of experience in sales, business development & digital marketing, agency or client-side.
- Ability to take Liquid Media’s existing Rolodex of partners and bring a new Rolodex of relationships to tap into.
- A knowledge or understanding of the sports, esports, and/or gaming space surrounding influencer and social media trends, social and meme culture, and how a clearly defined brand can cut through new audiences and regions.
- Solid understanding of the nuances of influencer deals among major established and emerging social media platforms.
- A commercial mindset balanced with an understanding of the importance of brand to sports and esports teams and fandom.
- An understanding of audience and fandom within the sports/esports/influencer space.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams.
- Not afraid to travel in order to continue to build and grow relationships on a global level.
- Strong collaborator and mentor with the ability to bring out the best in agency talent to produce great work for clients.
- Passion for new and emerging platforms and content.
- +1’s for gaming/ esports insights and trends.
- Have a passion for video games, live streaming, esports, media and entertainment, and/or gaming influencers.