Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands; also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Do you have a background in technology and design? Would you love to conceptualize and develop new website features? Are you able to work independently as well as with a team? You’re the type of candidate that would be perfect for the remote PHP Developer role at Team Liquid.
In the PHP Developer role, you will maintain high-quality when solving architectural and developmental challenges to deliver great user experiences while also contributing to the development of our Liquid+ website and application initiatives.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and architect an ever-growing content platform
- Review code of other developers
- Implement performance improvements across the various parts of our website
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of working experience with f php7 / php8
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of SQL (particularly on the performance side, i.e., indices and query optimization)
- Extensive knowledge on application architecture and how to build a clean platform from scratch
- Extensive knowledge on application security (including SQL, Code Injection, XSS, CSRF, serialization attacks, and others) and how to write code that makes it harder to create security issues
- Fluent in English
You Earn Bonus Points If You Have:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Lua (particularly 5.1.x)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of front-end development