Who We Are:
Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. Founded in 2000, they are the largest esports team in the world, competing in the most tournaments in over 15 different competitive esports titles all across the globe.
The esports industry has seen exponential growth in terms of both viewership and revenue. This increase in viewership is primarily driven by the revenue growth, because brands are investing in esports marketing more than ever before. So, TL created a growing subdivision called Liquid Media.
Liquid Media is a 360 full-service agency offering businesses access to Team Liquid’s experience, expertise, and knowledge of reaching, engaging, and selling to a growing global gaming and esports world.
TL has headquarters in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, hosting Liquid Media (media agency), 1UP Studios (production house), Liquid+ (fan engagement app), and Liquipedia (the largest esports wiki).
Are you enthusiastic about pop culture and gaming? Do you consider yourself entrepreneurial by nature, with a proven track record of building strong, long-standing relationships with key clients? Are you quick to provide clear communicational guidance when collaborating with team members to develop creative solutions? If so, you could be a perfect fit for the Senior Manager, Business Development, Liquid Media role we have available at Team Liquid.
In the Senior Manager, Business Development, Liquid Media role, you will be responsible for building the agency’s partnerships portfolio, managing existing relationships, providing world-class service, and offering creative guidance for the business’s future success. Furthermore, as Liquid Media’s first business development hire, you will play a key role in establishing a critical foundation for our rapidly growing team and building an exciting new pillar inside a storied, multi-faceted global enterprise.
Reports To: Global Managing Director, Liquid Media
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage our existing sales pipeline and develop new partnership opportunities
- Oversee the development of new business materials.
- Manage the proposal process, working with our world-class creative and strategic groups to develop innovative RFP responses grounded in bulletproof business intelligence.
- Identify trends and market needs, building short, medium, and long-term partnerships strategies.
- Monitor industry trends, evaluate audience drivers, and meet regularly to discuss strategy with management & stakeholders.
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales, business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the division
- Collaborate with finance to develop business-valuable deal structures and negotiate pricing for proactive bids and proposals.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations.
What You'll Need:
- 5-7 years of experience in a business development role
- A proven track record of partnership development, from negotiating, pitching, and closing business deals.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who can independently lead strategy and execution, gain internal consensus, and communicate effectively across teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to present in front of key external stakeholders.
- A strong personal network of relevant brand relationships.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks while building a large pipeline of opportunities.