Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you passionate about ensuring the highest levels of hospitality, efficiency, and experience, whether catering to external visitors or coordinating staff member parking? Do you have the ability to troubleshoot, be proactive with tasks, and work with a variety of staff & vendors while focusing on hospitality? Would you consider yourself a people person who believes in providing an engaging, high-touch experience? If so, you’d be a perfect fit for the EU Runner role currently available at Team Liquid.
In the EU Operations Runner role, you will be responsible for supporting the Operations Manager to ensure Team Liquid properties are running efficiently and effectively and regularly performing to Team Liquid expectations. In addition, you will inform the Operations Manager of items needed for the office/facility (as well as for players/talent when necessary) and provide general assistance to staff members in various departments as needed.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Performing general administrative and operations tasks, such as painting, moving items, cleaning, organizing, etc.
- Acting as the main point of contact for vendors and other suppliers as needed, assisting with parking management and talent liaising as needed.
- Completing a daily inspection of facilities, identifying problems and areas for process improvement, and promoting the positive well-being of players and staff using the facility accommodations
- Acting as a brand ambassador when ensuring all the facilities are in a good state and look, including but not limited to when:
- Informing the Operations Manager when maintenance services are needed either from vendors or from the janitorial and cleaning team.
- Ensuring all office materials are available on every floor and coffee areas are correctly supplied
- Providing assistance to chefs and nutritionists in stocking supplies
- Assisting with restocking inventory, decorating the office for important holidays
- Organizing and distribution of mail, continuously monitoring incoming and outgoing shipments
- Providing interdepartmental support for projects throughout the EU region, including but not limited to
- Assisting the Operations Manager in organizing event activities in and off-site (such as Holiday celebrations, parties, etc.)
What You’ll Need:
- Technical knowledge in and around buildings
- Passion for gaming and esports
- You live in or near Utrecht
- You are willing to respond to emergency calls outside of working hours
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Driver’s License