Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you passionate about ensuring the highest levels of hospitality, efficiency, and experience, whether catering to external visitors or coordinating staff member parking? Are you a leader that inspires and motivates employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and incentive initiatives? Would you consider yourself someone who loves to promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale? If so, you'd be a perfect fit for the Office Manager role currently available at Team Liquid.
In the Office Manager role, you will be responsible for overseeing all Team Liquid properties' operational and functional activities in Santa Monica, California, ensuring they're consistently running efficiently and effectively and regularly performing to Team Liquid expectations. In addition, you will be responsible for creating and updating office manuals, vendor lists, policies, and company housing procedures ensuring they are up to date with legal and regulatory requirements.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Coordinating building repairs; scheduling vendors and building engineers for maintenance issues; structural improvements; directing day-to-day operational tasks; and ensuring proper stock of all office supplies when creating, maintaining, and keeping track of the office budget.
- Providing interdepartmental support for projects throughout the EU region, including but not limited to
- Supporting the Director of Operations on successful completion of facility-related projects, leading and directing with internal teams and external partners and vendors (I.e., Alienware Lab)
- Planning and managing interoffice moves; coordinate building space allocation and layout based on current and projected needs.
- Partnering with the People & Culture and Events teams to organize events and parties.
- Coordinating athletic and staff visits and their arrangements in Santa Monica when applicable
- Implementing new green initiatives
- Organizing and overseeing the responsibilities and schedules of the EU operations team, including Facilities, IT, Coordinators, etc., including but not limited to:
- Supervising internal team members to develop behaviors, skills, and knowledge needed to promote high performance while ensuring they have the resources necessary to provide top-of-the-line services, such as forecasting hardware needs and budgets.
- Responding to emergency calls during off-hours, executing emergency maintenance service requests as needed.
What You'll Need:
- 5-7 years of experience working in an operational capacity supporting a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle rapid organizational change.
- Experience managing a team with the ability to provide feedback and assessments based on team members' performance, communicate and oversee individual team members' tasks, and train and monitor individual team members' skillsets.
- Ability to build and optimize problem resolution and escalation processes through tight coordination with internal stakeholders.
- Prior experience creating, managing, and owning regional budgets.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse individuals and effective two-way communication between team members, alternative teams, leadership, and vendors
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of operations policies and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment