Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands; also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Do you have a background in technology and design? Would you love to conceptualize and develop new website features? Are you able to work independently as well as with a team? You’re the type of candidate that would be perfect for the remote Full Stack Developer role at Team Liquid.
In the Full Stack Developer role, you will maintain front and back-end usability and functionality while also contributing to the development of our Liquid+ website and application initiatives.
What is Liquid+? Liquid+ rewards fans for supporting Team Liquid and our over two hundred+ pro players, streamers, and staff. But it’s not only about points (there are definitely still points). On Liquid+, fans find the latest Schedule of live streams and Liquid games, the baddest content drops on athletes through Quests and Experiences, and prizes that offer a meaningful takeaway (like an AMA with ScreaM or signed pro player jerseys).
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist with the front-end and back-end development of our website/application initiatives.
- Maintain front and back-end usability and functionality for the Liquid+ website and other technical properties.
- Suggest improvements to the website’s user experience by implementing user interface changes and collaborating with all Technology teams to conceptualize and develop new features.
- Coordinate with back-end and front-end developers to ensure compatibility and usability between front-end and back-end systems.
- Craft pixel-perfect component-driven interfaces and setup and apply easily maintainable custom styles.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Participate in code review, regular planning meetings, and retrospectives
What You'll Need:
Solid understanding of database concepts including My SQL, MongoDB, Docker, and libraries such as Sequelize, Mongoose
- Excellent understanding of best practices (maintainability, performance, security) for each coding language.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You Earn Bonus Points If You Have:
1-2 years of React Native experience
- Knowledge of website accessibility standards (WCAG).
- Hands-on experience with messaging products; IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, or Apache Active MQ
- Experience in Redis
- Expertise with Typescript
- Unit testing with Jest, Mocha, and Chai
- Proficient in React, React SAGAs
- Experience developing microservices