Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you passionate about gaming and esports? Do you love to organize and execute meaningful parties and events? When planning events, would your colleagues and friends describe you as someone who is very innovative, well-connected, and fully committed to creating an out-of-the-box immersive experience? Have you trained yourself to expect the unexpected, and are you committed to learning how to mitigate and resolve obstacles productively? Do you get excited at the endless possibilities and ways we could spread awareness of what matters most to us right now, right here? If so, you’d be a perfect fit for the Senior Events Manager, Fan Experience position currently available at Team Liquid.
In the Senior Events Manager, Fan Experience role, you will help lead the creation and execution of unique, memorable experiences that surprise and delight Team Liquid’s fans worldwide. You will help break the mold of events in the gaming world and push the envelope further with interactive and live events. Reporting to the Director of Events, you will help identify new immersive opportunities, define event concepts, and coordinate cross-functionally with your team to plan and execute immersive live and digital events to service Team Liquids global fan base.
What you will be doing:
- Be the lead driver for planning and executing a variety of events that go above and beyond the expectations of our global fans.
- Work closely with the Director of Events to execute the internal events strategy.
- Manage and maintain individual event budgets
- Work closely with internal and external partners to execute event visions.
- Be the primary liaison with Marketing, PR, Sales, Partnerships, and Content teams to ensure that their needs are met, while goals are achieved at events.
- Manage a small team of event coordinators to help execute events
- Contract and oversee vendors, venues, and contractors as needed
- Oversee onsite staff at events to ensure proper representation of the Team Liquid brand and Partners to our community at the highest level
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 4-6 years of experience in gaming/esports event management, with a focus on fan experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Relevant experience planning and executing large-scale, in-person, and digital events
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of gaming and esports, including streaming, social media, influencer marketing, community management, and event management
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office Suites
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The salary range for CA is: $65,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.