Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021, a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Do you react well to pressure when working closely with others to resolve problems? Would you consider yourself to be a customer-service-oriented person who loves to use their judgment and discretion when initiating decisions independently? Are you a detail-oriented, tech-savvy go-getter who’s ready to find the best solutions to get a project done? If so, you’d be a perfect fit for the IT Specialist role currently available at Team Liquid.
In the IT Specialist role, you will be responsible for providing world-class information technology support when working closely with internal and external team members at our headquarters located in Santa Monica. In addition to continuously analyzing requirements, resolving problems, and installing hardware and software solutions, you will strive to positively impact internal and external team members, playing a critical role in developing policies, procedures, and compliance monitoring.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage, monitor, and maintain documentation, including service logs, check out and build specification records, and manage the system and peripheral inventory.
- Work closely with internal team members to resolve problems and install hardware and software solutions.
- Act as an intermediary between internal and external stakeholders when debugging installation issues
- Monitor order requests, escalate inventory delay issues, and ensure shipments are assigned and received on time.
- Work closely with vendors to schedule installations, guide PC deployments, new-hire set-ups, and additional hardware installations.
- Perform computer system maintenance and service reports, complete service requests, clean OS installations standard configurations, set up network access.
- Hardware maintenance on surveillance, intrusion detection, and security systems.
- Debug computer and networking problems, monitor, trace and manage network connectivity drops, continuously creating accurate network documentation.
- Work with troubleshooting switches, routers, and firewalls while maintaining a firm understanding of their roles.
- Troubleshoot and replace failed computing hardware on desktop PCs and laptop computers (motherboards, NICs, video cards, laptop screens, laptop keyboards, etc.).
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience in a project management role with a focus on hardware and software installation and solutions
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of information technology, computer hardware, and software
- Familiarity with MS Office and Google Suite products
- Ability to troubleshoot, configure, and debug computer and networking problems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work closely with others to resolve complex issues.
- An active Driver's license