Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021, a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we're just getting started! Who's we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We're currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We're well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world's most extensive esports wiki).
As part of Alienware's Good in Gaming Initiative, we are taking on a Writing Intern. Do you have a background in writing scripts and articles? Would you love to proactively support several teams, multitasking in a fast-paced esports environment? Are you an individual that thrives when working independently or in group settings? If so, you could be the type of candidate that would be perfect for the part-time Writing Intern role at Team Liquid, a high-growth entrepreneurial organization. The Writing department is responsible for owning the end-to-end copyrighting strategy and execution of various campaigns' promotional content.
Location: Los Angeles, CA, Utrecht, NL, Sao Paulo, BR, or remote
What You'll Be Doing:
- Learning how to create Liquid+, brand material, announcements, creative briefs, pitch decks, treatments, microsites, brand, and social content strategy documents
- Learning how to script write commercials, announcements, partners, social content, esports content
- Learning how to create social content such as social messaging, product messaging, and email campaigns
- Learning how to write articles and content such as interviews, esports content, community content
- Learning how to collaborate with different creative teams to aid with creative campaigns and create visuals from your writing
- Other projects as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English
You'll Earn Bonus Points If You Have:
- A strong portfolio of best works (ideally published)
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experience with calendar management and scheduling
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Being able to cope with pressure and keep to tight deadlines
- Defines themselves as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management software experience is a plus (example: ClickUp)
- Work on increasingly rewarding and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in writing
- Collaborate with experienced writing professionals
- Work closely with experienced team members who will coach and mentor you
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities