Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% YOY increase, driven primarily by sponsors advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Los Angeles, São Paulo, and Utrecht. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles and are ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re shaping the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, content creators, and digital platforms. In this world, we run Liquid+ (the world’s first esports fan platform) and Liquipedia (the world’s largest esports wiki).
Are you a project manager and visionary leader passionate about gaming? Would you love to work in a fun, professional, fast-paced environment juggling high-impact deliverables? Are you able to work independently as well as with a team? If so, you could be perfect for the Project Manager role at Team Liquid.
In the Project Manager role, you will be responsible for strategic planning of short-term and long-term projects across our tech products, that vary in size, type, and complexity. You’ll make sure we’re adhering to budgets, timelines, quality standards, as well as available resources. You will report directly to the VP of Product, Data, and Digital Items (ex BCG), as his key lieutenant. The role can come with direct reports, now or in the future.
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands or Remote
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create business plans for the commercialization of our tech products (e.g., white labeling our fan loyalty platform, getting existing games to include new Team Liquid branded items, or generating value from our data)
- Identify and address gaps, risks, and bottlenecks existing within current and future Liquid+ business plans, strategies, and processes
- Analyze, interpret, and evaluate business case spreadsheets and P&L projections
- Create and execute compelling presentations for board meetings, partner conversations, and internal planning sessions
- Research content and fan loyalty innovation, industry, and competitive landscapes to apply best practices, minimize failure
- Work closely with internal and external partners to understand project scope and business requirements, ensure project plans align with activation objectives and execute priorities, meeting deliverables within deadlines
- Take initiative on any operational tasks that might fall between the cracks (e.g., supporting the hiring of interns, organizing team events, or hosting a workshop with the executive team)
- Promote our positive working environment within and outside the department!
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience in a project management role
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- A Master's degree in marketing, business administration, or another related field
- Ability to prioritize input from multiple stakeholders in creating a product roadmap or business strategy
- Ability to cope with business pressure and to achieve deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong interpersonal skills, operating in an international environment (remote meetings, different time zones, large cultural differences, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including PowerPoint / Google Slides
- Experience with finance (creating P&Ls, managing budgets, etc.)
You’ll Earn Bonus Points If You Have:
- An MBA from a top school
- Previous experience mentoring others in product management
- Project management software experience (example: ClickUp)
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency
- A passion for gaming and esports, with TL as your favorite team!