Who We Are:
Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. Founded in 2000, we are the largest esports team in the world, competing in the most tournaments in over 15 different leagues all across the globe.
Liquid Media is a full-service agency that operates independently of TL's esports endeavors while still offering brands access to the organization's two decades of experience, expertise, and knowledge of reaching, engaging, and selling to the always-growing global gaming and esports world. We do this by marrying our unrivaled experience developing a generational affinity with compelling creative, world-class business intelligence and strategy, and a deeply authentic connection with gaming and pop culture audiences – all driven by an engine fueled by a globally diverse team that speaks all languages of fandom.
Are you enthusiastic about pop culture and gaming? Do you consider yourself entrepreneurial by nature, with a proven track record of building strong, long-standing relationships with key clients? When collaborating with team members to develop creative solutions, are you quick to provide clear communicational guidance? If so, you could be a perfect fit for the Manager, Business Development role.
In the Manager, Business Development role, you will be responsible for building the agency's partnerships portfolio, managing existing relationships, providing world-class service to our existing relationships, and offering guidance for the future success of the business. Furthermore, as Liquid Media's first BR business development hire reporting directly to the Global Managing Director, you will establish a critical foundation for our rapidly growing team and have an opportunity to build an exciting new pillar inside a storied, multi-faceted global enterprise.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop new in-region partnership opportunities
- Manage our existing sales pipeline and develop new partnership opportunities
- Oversee the development of new business materials
- Manage the proposal process, working with our world-class creative and strategic groups to develop innovative RFP responses grounded in bulletproof business intelligence
- Identify trends and market needs, building strategies for short, medium, and long-term partnerships
- Monitor industry trends, evaluate audience drivers, and meet regularly to discuss strategy with management & stakeholders
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales, business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the division
- Collaborate with finance to develop business-valuable deal structures and negotiate pricing for proactive bids and proposals
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
What You'll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development role
- A proven track record of partnership development, from negotiating, pitching, and closing business deals
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who can independently lead strategy and execution, gain internal consensus, and communicate effectively across teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to present in front of key external stakeholders
- A strong personal network of relevant brand relationships.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks while building a large pipeline of opportunities