Who We Are:
The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% YOY increase, driven primarily by sponsors advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Los Angeles, São Paulo, and Utrecht. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles and are ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re shaping the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, content creators, and digital platforms. In this world, we run Liquid+ (the world’s first esports fan platform) and Liquipedia (the world’s largest esports wiki).
Are you a creative problem solver with expertise in shooting video content? Do you consider yourself passionate about cinematography and esports? Would you love to proactively support our VALORANT team while multitasking in a fast-paced esports environment? Are you an individual that thrives when working independently or in group settings? If so, you could be the type of candidate that would be perfect for the VALORANT Video Shooter role currently available at Team Liquid.
In the VALORANT Shooter/Producer role, you will be working closely with our VALORANT content team. Your responsibilities will include shooting video and photo content, ingesting and logging footage, working closely with our producers and editors, and acting as a director of photography on projects as needed.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Shoot and produce VALORANT video and photo content for YouTube and Social TL accounts
- Ingest and log footage compiled from in-studio and remote shoots
- Direct talent and cameras on set, helping them to feel comfortable on camera
- Monitor, track, and optimize the execution of production assets and equipment to meet quality standards, including but not limited to lights, cameras, and lenses
- Create a positive working environment for all physical sets, continuously providing instruction, guidance, and clear direction
- Build and maintain a network of contacts, including local crew and talent for larger-scale productions
- Work closely with the producer and editors when shaping content, including but not limited to:
- Creating production schedules and coordinating with talent
- Brainstorming creative to ensure a shared vision
- Developing storylines and ideas for narrative/storytelling content
- Acting as a director of photography or producer on projects as needed
- Ensuring all content is delivered to the highest level of quality with the required specifications
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of shooting experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of esports
- Experience managing and directing talent
- Understanding of the content creation process (develop, prep, produce, post, publish)
- Remote production knowledge (OBS, team viewer, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, traveling locally as well as internationally to attend and create event coverage content
- Fluent in English
You’ll Earn Bonus Points If You Have:
- Knowledge of Sony camera systems (A7Siii, FX9)