Are you an ERP super user with previous public accounting experience? Would you consider yourself a self-motivated problem-solver with a proven track record of adapting quickly in a high-impact, fast-paced global environment? Do you have a process and control-oriented mindset and hold high standards for integrity, accuracy, and meeting deadlines? If so, you could be a perfect fit for the Global Controller role we currently have available at Team Liquid.
In the Global Controller role, you will oversee all day-to-day accounting functions and report to the CFO. In addition, you will provide guidance and financial and accounting direction to a global esports enterprise of multiple business verticals and create efficiencies when supervising the global accounting and financial reporting process.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintain revenue accounting fundamentals, practices, and procedures to ensure all transactions of the enterprise are recorded in compliance with U.S. GAAP requirements, including:
- Recognition of revenue in accordance with accounting standards under ASC 606 generated from multiple business lines
- Planning and processing of all of the financial obligations of the organization
- Overseeing global payroll across multiple business units and geographies
- Overseeing accounting issues related to a multi-location global organization, including consolidation and calculation of foreign currency effects
- Manage the company’s monthly-end and quarterly-close process and related financial reporting requirements, expediting the preparation of balance sheets, income, cash flows, and equity statements in an accurate, timely, and effective manner
- Monitor financial reporting requirements and budget-to-actual activity to report on budget variances, including the rationale for changes in budget projections to prepare monthly financial reporting and quarterly compliance packages
- Partner with the senior finance team to refine and implement a comprehensive standard financial reporting hierarchy at the business and athletic levels
- Act as an ERP super user, providing expertise and recommendations regarding the conversion of the company’s global ERP system
- Act as an in-house subject matter expert when assisting drafting and implementation of internal control policies and procedures necessary to adequately protect the assets of the company and ensure the accuracy of financial information
- Assist in collecting and gathering information to contribute to financial analysis for new business and product-level, requiring complex modeling of potential outcomes
- Oversee and supervise the company's annual financial statements audit
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance
- Previous Public Accounting experience
- High functioning, working knowledge of relevant accounting practices, including US GAAP
- 10+ years of relevant work experience; including five years of leadership and management experience
- Ability and track record of identifying process improvement opportunities with automation to create efficiency
- Experience with multi-entity, global companies, and multi-currencies
- ERP super-user with design and implementation experience
- Management of external relationships, including tax, audit, valuation, and insurance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and fast learner with excellent time management skills
- High standards for integrity, accuracy, and meeting deadlines
You’ll Earn Bonus Points If You Have:
- CPA certification
The salary range for CA is: $150,000.00-$200,000.00 per year
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
- Finance & Accounting
- Los Angeles, California
- Employment type
Loading application form
Already working at Team Liquid?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.