Does food excite you in any capacity? Are you competing in the highly competitive sport of cooking? Is your next meal always the center of attention? Would you consider it a healthy challenge to partner with internal staff when manifesting authentic, nutritious diets? Do various diets found in many traditional cuisines influence your culinary voice? If so, you’d be perfect for the Cook role currently available at Team Liquid.
In the Cook role, you will be responsible for generating menus that promote digestive health and enhance performance by following evidence-based practices on high-quality ingredients, cooking methods, and nutrient timing. In addition, you will assist with meal prep, inventory and ordering, kitchen cleanliness, and helping to build the Team Liquid Chef brand. Our goal is to build the largest esports organization in the world. To achieve that, we are dedicated to keeping our Athletes and staff healthy, happy, and supported in reaching their full potential. We do this by providing healthy and nutritionally balanced meals that yield complete proteins, good fats, and needed carbohydrates two times a day, prepared with fresh ingredients in our in-house kitchen daily.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Provide daily meals, including prepping ingredients and kitchen prep
- Assist with food and supplies purchasing weekly.
- Maintain proper storage, prep, and service procedures and maintain all equipment and workspaces to ensure sanitary conditions.
- Plan and prepare consistent and high-quality meals for staff.
- Utilize market research to create new recipes and new cooking techniques to maximize health and performance of our athletes and staff.
- Engage with players, coaches, and staff to learn their meal preferences and gather feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Support external marketing efforts by partnering with the Social Media team for engaging posts and updates.
- Prepare meals and snacks for various company events on an ad hoc basis.
- Work with our Performance staff to build educational resources and align nutrition goals for the athletic team.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience in the culinary industry, a diverse culinary background in multi-regional cuisine, technique, ingredient knowledge, and health/nutrition
- Eager to learn and grow within a unique environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with a wide array of personalities
- Familiarity with dietary restrictions, alternative cuisine, and accommodations
- A demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen, promoting healthy eating, and using sustainable fresh ingredients.
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Proven track record of meeting diverse food expectations
- Active Driver’s License
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a position with a PJ (Pessoa Jurídica) type of contract.