Are you a meticulous problem-solver with a keen eye for detail and a track record in navigating diverse and dynamic spaces such as entertainment, gaming, or esports? If so, you could be a perfect fit for the Senior Accountant role we currently have available at Team Liquid.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be instrumental in critical financial processes, ensuring precision and completeness in the monthly financial close. Your role will involve conducting monthly reconciliations for assigned accounts, overseeing bank accounts and credit card accounts, and managing journal entries. Additionally, you'll provide crucial assistance to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll teams, generating ad hoc reports to highlight variances.
Location: Los Angeles, CA. Candidates are required to be located in Los Angeles or have the ability to commute to the office.
What You'll Be Doing:
Execute assigned duties in the monthly financial close process.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of assigned accounts through monthly reconciliations and thorough ledger reviews.
- Maintain and reconcile assigned bank accounts and cash balances on a monthly basis.
- Manage assigned credit card accounts, performing reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare assigned journal entries and engage in general ledger maintenance activities.
- Generate ad hoc reports, emphasizing significant variances and identifying areas for further investigation.
- Partner with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll team members, assisting with transactional workflow/processing as needed.
- Work closely with finance team members on ad hoc research and contribute to management reporting as required.
What You'll Need:
- 5-7+ years of prior experience working in an operational capacity in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to rapid organizational changes.
- Previous experience in the Entertainment, Gaming, Sports, and/or esports industries
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within a diverse environment, fostering two-way communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Strong investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Capability to work both as a solo contributor and in a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software, including QuickBooks, Excel, and reporting tools.
You'll Earn Bonus Points If You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience managing a team/supervising staff
The salary range for CA is: $55,000 - $75,000.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.