By 2020, the global eSports market is expected to generate $1.5 billion in annual revenues, primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. 2018 growth projections are close to 40% and will continue to catch the attention of owners and investors from the NFL, NBA, NHL.
Team Liquid (TL) is a world renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA and the Netherlands. TL is ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes, with a recent investment from Michael Jordan who joins Magic Johnson and Team Owners from the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning, among others who see the industry and TL “as the next big thing”.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team to be the glue that holds our organization together on social. We have an amazing spectrum of teams, projects, and products at TL and making sure that each gets its chance to shine is a big task.With your help, we will be able to find and engage TL fans across all titles and serve them the content they are looking for!
A successful candidate is:
- Collaborative: a big part of this job is listening and incorporating, you will need to work with stakeholders to make the best out of each post and work with our many teams to bring fans to them.
- Inventive: the story of competition is unpredictable, this role will demand fresh looks at the repetitive nature of sports in order to keep fans engaged.
- Organized: you will be spinning plates and maintaining schedules, staying on top of multiple games and partners will be your day to day.
- Creating for-Social content with our teams, both on game day and everyday;
- Working with Player Managers to track their teams and learn their voice;
- Work with Partnerships Managers to understand deliverables and make sponsored content that fits TL’s brand;
- Ensuring that Team Liquid channels stay active and representative of our wide spectrum of talent.
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in social media or community management;
- Deep understanding of the communities in at least two games that we play;
- Ability to drive small group projects and operate solo;
- Any non-English language skills are a plus;
- Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus.
Include in application:
- A couple references of your best posts, photos, memes or videos and why you liked them!