By 2020, the global eSports market is expected to generate $1.5 billion in annual revenues, primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. 2018 growth projections are close to 40% and will continue to catch the attention of owners and investors from the NFL, NBA, NHL.
Team Liquid (TL) is a world renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA and the Netherlands. TL is ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes, with a recent investment from Michael Jordan who joins Magic Johnson and Team Owners from the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning, among others who see the industry and TL “as the next big thing”.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team to help bridge the gap between our LCS team and our LCS fans. In this role you will have to work closely with World Champions, but also, the fans who care most about them. You will need to understand what the League of Legends audience cares about and collect the content needed to meet those needs.
A successful candidate is:
- Inventive: the story of competition is unpredictable, this role will demand fresh looks at the repetitive nature of sports in order to keep fans engaged.
- Outgoing: we’re looking for somebody who’s ready to make connections with our community and players draw the best content out of them!
- Witty: there are plenty of serious moments in esports competitions but not everything has to be, games are meant to be fun right?
- Creating for-Social content with our LCS team, both on game day and everyday;
- Learning and telling the stories of our players and helping them become heroes;
- Listening to the community, finding out what they want to see, and delivering;
- Coordinating with internal departments to see projects cross the finish line and get posted.
Required skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience in social media or community management;
- Experience using a DSLR camera;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom);
- Deep understanding of the League of Legends community;
- Ability to drive small group projects and operate solo;
- Korean/Mandarin language skills are a plus.
Include in application:
- A couple references of your best posts, photos, memes or videos and why you liked them!