Team Liquid (TL) is a world renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA and the Netherlands. TL is ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes, with a recent investment from Michael Jordan who joins Magic Johnson and Team Owners from the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning, among others who see the industry and TL “as the next big thing”.
Team Liquid, a high growth entrepreneurial organization is looking for a talented Digital Product Manager to join the team. This newly created position will be responsible for owning, building and marketing Team Liquid’s digital products. This individual will focus on product, positioning, placement and programming that will engage and grow the team’s fan-base, while driving its business forward.
Any candidate will have significant experience in digital product management, both for web and app products. A good candidate will also have a strong connection with esports. The ideal candidate will have all of that, plus experience in media or entertainment, ideally on fan loyalty. If you are all of the above and enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you do directly impacts organizational growth, then this may be the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
This position will report to the Director of Fan Management and will be based out of the Alienware Training Facility in Utrecht with the opportunity to work from home from time to time.
What will you do?
- Product Management
- Audits and reviews product architecture, UX, user behavior and insights to proactively address new features and upgrades
- Builds product briefs and dev. calendar for enhancements and new releases to guide development and design teams
- Researches product innovation, industry and competitive landscapes to apply best practices and minimize failure
- Shapes mobile apps and manages all contact with Play and Apple stores to ensure good reception and visibility
- Project Management
- Owns timeline and deadline management of tasks needed for product launches and integrated programming
- Collaborates daily with key product and project stakeholders to develop, innovate and market products
- Is able to level with developers to ensure quality deliverables that match expectations from other stakeholders
- Helps produce and manage product project budgets, as well as current and future resources
- Product Marketing & Reporting
- Works directly with Apple and Google Play in featuring and managing ratings and reviews for mobile app products
- Measures, shares and applies analytics for product enhancements and exposure
- Compiles, translates and distributes all first-party data points from internal resources into actionable reports
- Fan Loyalty Programming
- Collaborates closely with brand asset and marketing leads to plan, produce and leverage fan-facing programs
- Guides the commerce, community and partnership teams on program inventory, marketing, fulfillment and support
- Reports and analyzes product insights and loyalty program landscape to maximize product impact and UX
What should you bring to the table?
- Master of science in a relevant field (business, marketing or human behavior)
- 5+ combined years professional experience in SaaS/tech, plus product management and/or brand management
- Personal knowledge and understanding of the esports industry and consumer
- Hands-on business experience in launching customer loyalty programs and/or CRM’s
- Direct experience with third and first-party consumer data handling, interpretation and application
- Personal knowledge and understanding of esports social platforms (Twitch, Discord) and all mainstream social media channels
- Advanced level proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel. Experience with Slack, Google Suite preferred
- Opportunity to work from home from time to time, majority of time spent in new office in Utrecht
What will it take?
- Proactive and efficient demeanor balanced with a strategic skill set
- Draws conclusions from data, experience and offers unbiased consideration for different perspectives
- Savvy business professional who tactfully works towards resolution in ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and adaptable to changing environments
- Dynamic communicator, engaging and persuasive public speaker
- Exceptional, organized planner and project manager
- Excellent level of English - both verbal and written, Dutch is a plus.
- Lives and represents the Team Liquid culture