We are looking for a Business Manager to join the Liquipedia team in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Liquipedia is the world's largest esports wiki, the best resource for live updated results, tournament overview, team and player profiles, game information, and more. We’re looking for a Business Manager to join the Liquipedia team in Utrecht, that will execute and create the commercial solutions - from optimising paid advertising, insights and analytics, display advertising and strategic consulting and bring in new business opportunities for Liquipedia.
What you'll be doing:
This is an extremely dynamic role that requires a high attention to detail, exceptional project management skills, strategic data analysis, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic Consulting : Serving as an on-call consultant to dig into every Liquipedia challenge via emails, calls, in-person meetings, and reports for our clients.
- End-to-End Business Planning : Able to build and defend a complete commercial strategy for Liquipedia and guide projects through execution.
- Product Optimization : Driving a strategy that creates best-in-class Liquipedia Pages that maximizes the success of those pages via optimal discoverability, traffic, and conversions.
- Client Product Merchandising : Planning and executing client merchandising strategies that include content marketing, price promotion, and budget allocation that accelerate sales for our clients.
- Business Development: actively look for new methods of revenue generation and create a solid market position for Liquipedia
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience leading eCommerce businesses, on either the brand, retailer, or agency side.
- High attention to detail with the ability to efficiently prioritize and execute projects with quality.
- Experience managing external relationships to meet mutually beneficial goals.
- Solution oriented mindset that thrives in ambiguity and figuring out solutions and processes to complex problems.
- Comfortable in analyzing dashboards and utilizing spreadsheets with mastery of basic excel formulas and pivot tables to extract and clearly communicate insights from murky data.
- Bias for action with a scrappy willingness to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile to persist and get the job done.
- Sense of ownership complemented by strong organization and project management skills to meet deadlines.
- Team player with a genuine desire to contribute to the overall success of the entire team in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills (At least C1 level English) to effectively collaborate internally with colleagues and externally with clients.
- You love computer games - this is a hard requirement. You don’t have to be the best gamer to work here, but without passion for this industry you are set-up to fail in this position.
Besides a salary, what you will get:
- Opportunity to lead your own professional growth
- Playful work environment at awtf.eu or work from home in the Netherlands.
- Official (bi-)monthly game nights. The fun kind of crunk.
- Decorate your set up however you like. Just... keep it dry.
- Kitchen stacked with the snackiest snacks.
Applicants not living in the Netherlands will not be considered. Unfortunately COVID-19 has made relocation options uncertain and this position cannot be done 100% remote.
- Acquisitie voor deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld / Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.