By the end of this year, the global esports market is expected to generate $1.5 billion in annual revenues, primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans.
Team Liquid (TL) is a world renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA and the Netherlands. TL is ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes, with a recent investment from Michael Jordan who joins Magic Johnson and Team Owners from the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning, among others who see the industry and TL “as the next big thing”.
Team Liquid, a high growth entrepreneurial organization is looking for an Talent Manager to be based in our office in Los Angeles, CA. This role will be responsible for the execution of content, support, integration, and sales for a portfolio of talent under the Team Liquid umbrella which includes professional esports athletes, content creators and industry-related influencers. This manager will act as the touch point between the talent, Team Liquid’s internal resources and third-party brands, agencies and organizations. They will uphold communication channels with Team Liquid content teams, creative services, and more on behalf of the talent in order to help build their individual brand and the Liquid brand.
- Manage the brand and content of assigned talent
- Partner with Team Liquid Athletes to build their personal brand, help execute on brand partnership opportunities, coordinating with Team Liquid staff and external partners.
- Pitch and manage budgets for travel, events, and other special needs and cases.
- Manage Brand Compliance for talent in accordance with the Team Liquid Brand and any third party brand partners
- Act as a liaison between Team Liquid and talent and any third party brands or agencies
- Field incoming requests via either Team Liquid resources or third parties
- Collaborate with other departments at Team Liquid for influencer initiatives
- Partnerships, Liquid Media - Sales and Brand Partnerships
- Social Media - Content and Promotion
- Community - Engagement and on-site
- 1UP Studios - Video Content and Production
- Branding - Art Direction and Messaging
- Travel - Lodging and logistics for events and on-site
- Develop and execute on long term influencer initiatives and strategy
- Develop campaign contracts, terms, and deliverables for existing and incoming Athletic Influencers
- Previous experience in brand marketing within an agency or brand environment.
- A deep knowledge of the gaming or Esports space as well as influencer marketing including but not limited to influencer/talent search and acquisition, content development and management of social platform ins and outs.
- Experience leading multi-faceted teams toward a common deliverable on frequently accelerated timeframes.
- Strong account management experience in building relationships, negotiating contracts and owning a book of business.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams.