We are looking for a Back End Website Developer to join our team either Remote or in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
A successful candidate is:
Organized. Implementing systematic workflows and proper documentation are essential skills for our ideal candidate.
Flexible. Our developer must be able to accommodate different time zones and work on simultaneous projects.
Meticulous. The debugging and testing phases are crucial in web development, and our ideal candidate must be able to review as well as they write code.
Able to adjust. Feedback is an important part of the development process, and our ideal candidate must be able to incorporate requests and suggestions from department heads and qualified colleagues.
A team player. As a global organization across many different continents, cultures, and games, our developers must be able to work with all staff who require their expertise.
Required skills, experience and equipment:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent understanding of best practices (maintainability, performance, security) for each coding language.
- Git experience
- 1-2+ developing RESTful API experience and microservices
- Behavior-driven development (BDD) experience
- 1+ year MongoDB / MySQL experience
- Excellent understanding of secure coding practices and web security, including but not limited to SQL, Code Injection, XSS, CSRF, serialization attacks, and others.
- Excellent understanding of web performance and the use of correct database indices, caching layers, and other efficient methods.
- Develop and maintain features for a forthcoming Team Liquid website / application
- Participate in code review, regular planning meetings and retrospectives
- Coordinate with front end developers to ensure compatibility and usability
We're not looking for recruitment parties to help out on our search. Thank you!