By the end of this year, the global esports market is expected to generate $1.5 billion in annual revenues, primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans.
Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA and the Netherlands. TL is ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes, with a recent investment from Michael Jordan who joins Magic Johnson and Team Owners from the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning, among others who see the industry and TL “as the next big thing”.
Do you enjoy developing campaign contracts and influencer brands? Would you love to proactively manage the brand and content of professional esports athletes, content creators and industry-related influencers? Are you a natural-born trendsetter who has extensive knowledge of the gaming and esports space and influencer marketing? You are the type of candidate that would be perfect for the Talent Manager role at Team Liquid, based in Los Angeles, California.
- Manage the execution of content, support, integration and sales for a portfolio of talent under the Team Liquid umbrella, which includes:
- Professional esports athletes
- Content creators
- Industry-related influencers.
- Manage the brand and content of assigned talent.
- Partner with Team Liquid Athletes to:
- Build the personal brand of assigned talent
- To help execute on brand partnership opportunities
- Coordinate with Team Liquid staff and external partners
- Act as the liaison between the talent, Team Liquid’s internal resources and third-party brands, agencies, and organizations.
- Develop campaign contracts, terms, and deliverables for existing and incoming Athletic Influencers.
- Create, develop, and execute on long term influencer initiatives and strategy .
- Collaborate with other departments at Team Liquid to execute on influencer initiatives.
- Partnerships, Liquid Media - Sales and Brand Partnerships
- Social Media - Content and Promotion
- Community - Engagement and on-site
- 1UP Studios - Video Content and Production
- Branding - Art Direction and Messaging
- Manage and ensure Brand Compliance for talent in accordance with the Team Liquid Brand and any third-party brand partners
Create business pitches, managing budgets, lodging, and logistics for travel, events, and other special needs and cases.
Field incoming requests via either Team Liquid resources or third parties
- Previous experience in brand marketing within an agency or brand environment.
- Previous experience effectively motivating and managing teams.
- Extensive knowledge in influencer marketing, including:
- Influencer/talent search and acquisition
- Content development
- Management of social platform ins and outs.
- Experience leading multi-faceted teams toward a common deliverable on frequently accelerated timeframes.
- Strong account management experience in building relationships, negotiating contracts, and owning a book of business.
- Extensive knowledge of the gaming or esports space.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to consistently make sound judgments.