Team Liquid, a high-growth entrepreneurial organization, is looking for a Senior Talent Manager to be based in our office in Los Angeles, CA. This role will be responsible for the execution of partnerships, sales, and branding, for a portfolio of talent under the Team Liquid umbrella. The Senior Talent Manager will act as a mentor and leader, cultivating relationships with professional esports athletes, content creators, and industry-related influencers.
Manage relations and the execution of partnerships, sales, and branding for a portfolio of talent under the Team Liquid umbrella, which includes:
- Professional esports athletes
- Content creators
- Industry-related influencers.
- Design and deliver brand training through the execution of presentations and providing resources such as training documents, best practice player relations guidelines, and leading one-on-one meetings.
- Ensure brand compliance when necessary, conducting compliance updates, and implementing best practices through the use of research and benchmarking.
- Create, develop, and execute talent promotional content, working closely with other departments to ensure deliverables are met.
- Monitor and manage social media channels, implementing feedback and keeping track of player milestones to build and grow brand presence.
- Manage and maintain budgets, reviewing and approving expenses.
- Evaluate, scout, and structure contracts with incoming talent to request approval and execute new agreements.
- Design, develop and execute talent signing presentation decks to the leadership team.
- Act as a leader and mentor to talent, building and cultivating relationships, proactively providing support and conducting mental health checks.
- Manage collaborations between internal and external talents and influencers, adopting project management life cycle methodologies.
- Work closely with partnerships to select talent for campaigns and activations to ensure growth aligns with the brand.
- Manage any current talent partnerships, coordinating talent promotions for partners and commerce.
- Act as a lead on collaborations ensuring deadlines are met when working closely with other departments to execute Partner campaigns.
- Work closely with the Sales team to determine talent pricing and deliverables. for campaigns, developing and delivering pitches and presentation decks to the executive team.
- Lead, navigate, and build contract negotiations and sales calls on behalf of internal and external talent.
- Coordinate sales deliverables with talents and complete administrative paperwork and invoicing for accounting.
- Act as a mentor when managing Talent Managers in order to accelerate and promote professional and personal development.
- Brand Marketing experience within an agency or brand environment.
- Experience effectively motivating and managing teams.
- Influencer marketing experience, including:
- Influencer/talent search and acquisition
- Content development
- Management of social platform ins and outs.
- Experience leading multi-faceted teams toward a common deliverable on frequently accelerated timeframes.
- Account management experience in building relationships, negotiating contracts, and owning a book of business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to consistently make sound judgments.
- Extensive knowledge of the gaming or esports space.